I’ve decided to tackle this post early in order to think through how to handle things before they arise. There are some rules – basic stuff.
- I hope this blog is a place for me to experiment, a place to discuss and think and explore.
- I want this blog to be a safe place, for many people. I won’t say all people, because I do reserve the right to ban / block / bar / bounce anyone I feel is being abusive just for the sheer delight of causing distress. Basically, keep commenting civil and do not abuse others. Kindergarten stuff really, but better stated early.
- Debate is ok. Controversy and discussion are imperatives to society being a vital and living thing. But, there is no excuse for a debate to become personal, insulting or threatening. If you can’t debate as a civilized thinking human…
- If I write something you think has merit, or that you wish to share… please do, but remember, especially on essays, fiction, poetry (gods will I really go THERE ), or other items, to attach the attribution “by MStewart @ ThinkingTooLoud” with a link back to the relevant piece.
- Lifting things with no attribution is plagiarism. It’ll make me cranky.
- If I find something, I will do my very level best to include an attribution. Even if it is just an admission that it is not my work, and a plea for the originator to let me know who the clever person was who came up with it.
- I’m going to try to keep comments open on all, okay – most of my posts. Comments do not need to be ‘nice’ but they do and must be civil.
- Remember, if you really hate something I have written … there is a ‘back’ button and I suggest you use it.
A note on Trigger Warnings –
Don’t expect them. I do believe that they have their place, but if I am writing fiction or an essay there won’t be one. If there is a discussion, that is about a particular topic I may preface the question or rumination with a line or two about what follows. Read at your own risk.
The Bottom Line…
This is my space. If you want to be horrid or horrified – go do that in your own space. Yes, the comments are off on this post. What? It’s housekeeping, move along.