Seeing how my “I will follow this strategy,” plan has yeilded nada, primarily to the holidays and the subsequent backup in folks inboxes and queues, I have decided to put a few more queries out there. Since my initial group of queries went out, I have had the opportunity to work with two publishing editors to improve my querying materials.
I’m doing something we would never do in the lab, running two batches at the same time. It’s too easy to confuse samples – unless you have an amazingly rigorous labeling system, which I did.
Anyway, I’ve gotten the need to put some more queries out there. Today I sent off three queries to agents I was hoping to query after hearing back from my test batches. But, test batches seem to be holiday hijacked, so I’ll admit, I got tired of waiting. I need to see something moving, even if it is only my own efforts.